BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Revision of prepaid plans to comply with TRAI on TCPR-2012
BSNL Chennai Telephones has revised prepaid plans to comply with TRAI regulations on TCPR-2012 dt 6.1.12 under 2G & 3G mobile services in Chennai Telephones with effect from 01-04-12.
1. Henceforth, only three type of vouchers viz. Plan vouchers, Top up vouchers and Special Tariff Vouchers are made available through C-TOP UP ( and through SMS wherever applicable) in TN LSA.
a) Plan Vouchers: FRCs are renamed as Plan Vouchers which are used for enrolling a customer into a plan and extending the plan validity.
b) Topup Vouchers: will offer only monetary value in rupees and nil validity.
c) STVs: Boosters are hereby renamed as Special Tariff Vouchers which are attached to different plans , tariff for different items and validity period of maximum 90 days.
2. The existing “2G Special” (FRC111) & “3G Special” (FRC120) plans are withdrawn w.e.f 23hrs59mts of 31-03-11 . All existing customers in these two plans will continue to be available in their plans till their validity expires. On expiry of the validity, they have to choose any of the current plan vouchers on offer.
3. Revised prepaid plans: -
4. Special Features of Anbujodi,Student SPL and Jai jawan plan customrs continues till they are in validity
Note 1:**The special feature ,in AnbuJodi plan, of local voice call to one BSNL Fixed/WLL (Fixed/ Limited mobility) number free upto 30 minutes per day .(The call charges beyond 30 min is 20 per Min).
Note 2: Local Nos.(within Tamil Nadu) 3-On net numbers & 2 Off net numbers Change of F & F numbers is allowed anytime with Rs.5/- per change per number
3 On-net Numbers Rs.0.10
2 Off-net Numbers Rs.0.30
Note 3: Voice call to two BSNL Mobile/Fixed/WLL numbers anywhere in the country while in Home LSA or National roaming Free - (subject to Maximum of 20minutes per day combined on two numbers). Beyond 20 minute calls are charged @ 1p/sec.
5. Extension of main account validity and migration to any of the current plans on offer will be through plan vouchers only.
Ø Existing customers of all prepaid General plans – except Lifetime (Corporate+circle) have to use any of the current plan vouchers only – through CTOP-UP - (at present 7CO Plans ) available in the market to extend their validity or for their migration purpose.
Ø All the existing customers of all the OLD General prepaid plans in Chennai Circle (like Excel Student, Excel Power, Digbee Bundle, & Wonder plus, En-Nanban Super, MegaSuper, Vasantham,,Sumo, 3star, 1p/sec & all@49) with validity (subject to max. of 450 days) can continue in their plan till their validity period is over; Afterwards for the validity extension, Plan vouchers which are currently on offer only to be used.
Ø Customers of Circle Specific plan ELCOT Bundle,will get the Extra Talk value Rs.100/- every month only upto AUG 2012.After that customers will continue in the same plan without any offer until he is in validity. Afterwards for the validity extension, Plan vouchers which are currently on offer only to be used.
Ø Customers of Jodi plan has to use Plan voucher for General(Rs.43/-) for their validity extension to continue in the same plan.By using this plan voucher they will get all the freebies in the plan voucher except voice freebies(i.e.they will get only data and SMS Freebies in the plan voucher).For Migration purpose these customers can also use any current plan vouchers, only through CTOP-UP to any one of the Jodi numbers- (at present 7CO Plans ) available in the market.On migration Jodi account will be Splitted main account will be migrated along with Balance and STVS currently in use and with validity & Freebies of plan voucher used for migration and Secondary account will get only validity of the plan voucher used for migration with Zero talk and without any freebies.
Ø Migration to circle specific plans like NESAM & NESAM SUPER will be intimated later
Ø Migration to any of the current plans on offer only is allowed. Hence, any customer of the above said Old General Plans and Kurinji plan,,has to use any one of the Plan vouchers (which are currently on offer) only for Migration purpose.
Ø Migration from other plans to Jaijawan plan using plan voucher Rs.98, thru CTOPUP is NOT ALLOWED.
· The existing practice of migration to JJ plan by JJ personnel having BSNL number continues.
· ( i.e. the customer has to approach the CSC and submit the required documents and through CCM migration takes effect . The amount to be paid is NOT Rs.97; but the cost of the plan voucher Rs.98 only.)
· However, the existing Jaijawan customer can use the plan voucher Rs.98 thru CTOPUP. for the purpose of extending the validity
Ø Balance amount will be carried forward when the plan voucher is used for extension of validity or for migration.
Ø If plan voucher is used for “migration”, F&F numbers will not be carried forward. Customer has to re-register the F&F numbers afresh as per the migrated plan.
Ø Customers will be advised not to use plan vouchers during their validity period; If used, validity will be counted only from the date of recharge as per the plan voucher used.( i.e. cumulative addition of validity in days are not permissible)
§ However, the customer can use any plan voucher at any time for migrating from one plan to other plan which are currently on offer except JJ plan.
Ø The discount/commission will be paid @90% on first loading of plan vouchers on plan selection and 5.5.% on subsequent loading.
Ø As and when the customer uses the plan voucher either for extending the validity or for changing the plan (i.e migration), the Freebies associated with the respective plan voucher will be made available to the customer and is to be consumed within 30 days. No carry forward of unused freebies are allowed.
Ø Extension of validity for Life time customers (like Saral Anant) :- To remain active in Lifetime plan, the minimum recharge condition of Rs.200/- (talkvalue-cumulative MRP Rs.230) in every six months will hold good. Unlike general plan customers, NO NEED to use Plan voucher to remain active/ extension of the validity.
Ø Excel Old Anant with the minimum recharge condition of Rs.50/- (talkvalue- MRP 60) in every six months will continue to exist.
Ø Excel New Anant have bee merged with the Saral Anant Plan wef 26-03-.2012.
Ø C-TOP UP and GSM PCO plans will continue as per existing terms and conditions.
Ø GSM based FWP plans in Prepaid with Plan vouchers 43 (General), 42 (Per Second Plan) & 37 ( Per Minute Plan) will continue. All the conditions like Usage of TOPUPs, Plan vouchers for the extension of validity & Migration will be as per the revised guidelines of the respective plans chosen.
Ø NESAM & NESAM SUPER plans are introduced as Lifetime plans in TN LSA. The above minimum recharge condition of Rs.200/- (talkvalue-cumulative MRP Rs.230) in every six months to remain active in the plan is applicable for these two plans also.
Ø All longer validity RCVs/STVs viz., MRP Rs. 153 & 253 for student special and MRP Rs. 553 & 993 for jaijawan plans are withdrawn wef 31.03.12.
Ø Circle Longer Validity STVs of MRP Rs. 990 and Rs.611 under Group I are withdrawn.
6. STVs for Saral Anant customer are revised as under:
7.Revised Prepaid Data Plans :
The commission structure is 90% on first loading of plan voucher and 5.5% on subsequent loading.
i) All 3G DATA RCVs are offered as STVs. Longer validity RCVs of MRP. 3102 & Rs.5003, both with 180 days validity are withdrawn.
(i.e. existing MRPs Rs. 101,202,403,607,716,751*,1261*,1576*,2502 & 3002 through CTOPUP will continue)
Note: * is the discounted price up to 30.04.12 only. The original price will resume wef 01.05.12.
ii) All short term validity data vouchers offering free data usage in MBs along with validity are offered as STVs.
(i.e. existing MRPs Rs. 12,25 & 53 thr CTOPUP will continue)
iii) 3G DATA TOPUP Vouchers of MRP Rs. 191,105 & 353 and unlimited data plan 992 are withdrawn.
2G DATA :
Already in Chennai Circle, all the 2G prepaid Data RCVs are offered as STVs only ( in Group IV) through SMS which will continue to exist, except the MRP Rs. 555 (15GB/180 days) is modified as MRP Rs.300 with free data usage of 8GB and validity 90 days. The Keyword to be sent through SMS to 53733 by the customer is “ GPRS300” and the amount to be deducted is Rs.267.
· The existing procedure of SMS activation for 2G Data STVs and through CTOPUP for 3G Data STVs in Tamilnadu Circle is to continue.
· Usage of 2G/3G Data STVs with speed control & conditions for all prepaid voice plan customers will continue to exist. i.e the Data speed will depend on the type of STVs used (2G or 3G)
· The base tariff will be prepaid “GENERAL” where earlier base tariff plan was “3G Special”.
8. Tablet Plan:
As far as Tablet Plans are concerned, NO CHANGE in 32K Micro SIM cost & its activation procedure, terms & conditions through Sancharsoft except the MRP of Plan voucher Rs.74 and validity 180 days.
On entering the CAF details & IMEI number of iPAD in Sancharsoft a receipt for Rs.104/- (Rs.30 SIM cost +Rs.74 plan voucher cost) will be generated from SS.
· All the existing three Tablet DATA RCVs are converted as DATA STVs for Tablet plan as detailed below.
· Hence, Extension of Tablet Plan validity will be through Plan voucher Rs.74 through C-TOP UP only.
Points to be Noted in this Revision:
· the Revised MRP s of Plan vouchers (earlier FRCs),
· the freebies are in Minutes/Seconds instead of Rupees,
· usage of TOPUPs only for talk value,
· revised procedure of using plan vouchers to get validity extension for General Plan customers, Minimum Recharge Condition for Lifetime customers,
· Withdrawal of Plan activation voucher of Rs198 for Nesam and 22 for Anbujodi plan /Longer validity vouchers etc.,
· the Revised validity on activation of Plan vouchers Rs.51/-,
· revised procedure of using plan vouchers to get validity extension,
· Withdrawal of Longer validity Data vouchers/DATA TOPUPs/3G data u/l STV992
· revision in 2G Data STV 300 from 555revision of MRP in plan voucher and validity in Tablet plan etc.,