BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
|Tariff for Broadband services
|BSNL has launched its Broadband Services which will be available across 200 cities in a phased manner. The services will be provided on existing copper infrastructure. Initially, High Speed Internet Service will be provided.Subsequently, other services such as VPN, Multicasting, Video Conferencing, Video-on-Demand,Broadcast application etc will be added.|
|For providing the broadband services, BSNL is going to deploy ADSL technology in the Access Network in all the cities. This requires installation of DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer) in BSNL exchanges and RLUs/DLCs and DSL Modem as CPE in the customer premises. The ADSL creates a pipe of the required bandwidth from the customer premises to the PoP of the BSNL.|
|The competent authority has decided separate packages for Home and Business users with different Bandwidth (BW) options and download capacities for the existing customers of BSNL. The starter tariff has also been revised so as to attract higher customer base.|
|How to book?
Customers may book a Dataone Broadband connection at Area Customer
Service Centres (preferred method) or book online at the Chennai
Telephones web-site .Chennai Telephones is now offering 'starter packs'
viz. Home 500 and Home 250 and
these requires ZERO upfront payment and only a declaration form need be submitted by the
customer at the time of booking. For all other plan options ,a demand note ,
depending upon the plan option opted for , will be issued by their Area Customer
Service Centres which the customer will have to pay the at their Area Customer
Service Centres . Customers may pay by cheque or DD at any of their Area Customer
Service Centres and by Cash/Cheque/DD at Area
office CSC .
The billing cycle for all telephone numbers carrying Broadband services will be monthly.The tariff structure with break up of charges for two of the most popular Broadband Options viz Home 500 and Business 1200 are given below
|What is download / upload ?
When the information flows from
somewhere e.g. a web-page or a site to your PC you are "downloading" on the
other hand when you send information e.g. request for a web-page, you are
"uploading". In effect any data transfer from the internet to your machine is
download and any data transfer from your machine to the internet is upload.
|Tariff / Charges|
1. Subject to the acceptance of the application and technical feasibility, BSNL will endeavour to provide the Broadband Service as soon as possible.
2. A Demand note will be issued to the customer for depositing the charges payable as per tariff plan selected for enabling the customer to pay the same before commencement of service.
3. The contract with BSNL for provision of Broadband Service will be for a minimum period from the date of commencement (depending upon the plan chosen) in accordance with the tariff plan opted.
4. The data rates shown as down stream or up stream are applicable only to last mile. However, BSNL shall not be responsible for lesser download speed or upload data rates caused by the accessed website status or the international gateway or the media.
5. Customers are free to use their own ADSL modems with RJ45 port provided they are compatible.
6. All IP addresses will be dynamic.
7. The Broadband connection will be withdrawn in case the customer surrenders BSNL telephone line.
8. Shifting of Broadband connections is subject to the technical feasibility.
9. The subscriber is required to fully comply with the provisions contained in the Indian Telegraph Act 1885, Indian Telegraph Rules and the Information Technology Act 2000 and any amendments or replacements made thereto from time to time.
1. Billing for the service will be included in the normal b-fone bill (Landline Phone bill). The billing cycle shall be monthly.
2. No migration is allowed to a lower tariff plan till the expiry of the committed period.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICES:
1. BSNL reserves the right to disconnect the service to any customer in case there is sufficient evidence of the customer intentionally or unintentionally using the service in the manner which would adversely impact BSNL or BSNL's network.
2. The customer shall be responsible for using the service only for legal and appropriate purposes.
3. BSNL reserves the right to terminate the services in the event of non-payment of bills issued by BSNL in accordance with the tariff plans opted by the customer and the extent of usage or any default on the part of the customers.
1. BSNL will exercise all reasonable care in providing its services, but it is not responsible for interruption in service due to power failures, equipment malfunctions, or acts of natural calamity.
2. BSNL is not responsible for subscriber's computer hardware and software or areas of the Internet not under its control. BSNL does not warrant privacy, security or efficiency of the Internet.
3. BSNL is not responsible for actions taken by its customers or others as a result of its services.
4. BSNL is not responsible for material any person (including household members of the subscriber) may receive or transmit via the Internet, or for anything bought or sold via the Internet, or for any other result of an action taken by anyone using its service.